Why it matters: Android feature updates likely would have become stagnant, gimmicky, or great lately, depending on who you ask. Nonetheless , there’s no denying the importance of security improvements that OEMs now regularly continue out to protect users against vulnerabilities. While a majority of Android manufacturers commit to offering just two years of stability updates, there are notable exceptions as with Google with its three-year support with regard to Pixels, and Samsung, which has at this point extended its enterprise-level security coverage of four years to regular Galaxy owners rocking a Note, S-series, A-series, Foldable, XCover or a Tab television set device released in 2019 or lower.
Although Samsung likes to take its own sweet time with delivering Operating system OS updates, the company is known to cost better when it comes to security patches are actually released monthly, quarterly, or when necessary, depending upon the device tier and honda civic. Galaxy owners have traditionally have been given three years of security updates, acquire Samsung has announced that it’s stretches that period by another season.
Group says that it’s worked with over 200 carriers globally to push out well-timed security updates for over 130 choices over the last decade. And while this 4-year program only includes phones and as well , tablets released from 2019 onwards, it’s still a sizable list making plans for all the models in Samsung’s Galaxy range. The supported devices are unquestionably:
- Galaxy S series : S10, S10+, S10e, S10 5G, S10 Lite, S20 5G, S20+ 5G, S20 Seriously 5G, S20 FE 5G, S21 5G, S21+ 5G, S21 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy Note series : Note10, Note10+, Note10+ 5G, Note20 5G, Note20 Ultra 5G
- Universe A series : A10e, A20, A50, A11, A21, A51, A51 5G, A71 5G
- Galaxy Foldables : Fold, Z Fold2 5G, Z Flip, Z Flip 5G
- Galaxy XCover series : XCover FieldPro, XCover Pro
- Galaxy Tab collections : Tab Active Pro, Tabs Active3, Tab A 8 (2019), Tab A with S Digital voice recorder, Tab A 8. 4 (2020), Tab A7, Tab S5e, Case S6, Tab S6 5G, Window S6 Lite, Tab S7, Bill S7+
It’s definitely good news for existing and unique users of Samsung devices that can now have better longevity and for those who suffer increasingly finding it difficult to waste money on the latest flagships considering the regarding innovative and meaningful new features in just ever-costlier hardware.
An extended security support term could potentially improve Samsung’s sales amounts as well. Despite being 2020’s leading smartphone retailer in terms of sales that has an impressive 253 million units, the merchant recorded a 14. 6 percent YoY decline. With consumer-friendly actions like these, Samsung stands a better prospect of retaining existing users for longer and is going to convince other Android users where normally get half this backup period to switch to a Galaxy reader.